Monday 30 September 2013

SEPANZ Conference 2013 - Post 3

Well hello there and welcome back. 

If you haven't read my previous two posts on the conference - please do so.  I would hate it if you missed out!

Anyhow, as promised previously here are a couple more apps, as recommended by the wonderful Mr Ian Bean during his workshop at the conference.

The first is tellagami. 




 
This is heaps of fun - I have downloaded it (it's free).
 
In brief - Basically you create and share a quick animated message called a Gami.  You can customise your character (male, female, facial features, clothes, etc), you can change its mood (emotion) and you can choose a setting.  For this you can also take a photo and have the Gami in your own setting e.g. your classroom!!  (Can't wait to try this back at school).
  You can adjust you character and rotate your character.  You can record your voice or type in some dialogue.  Then bingo - your done - if you want you can share your character via Facebook, Twitter and the rest.

Heres a link to a You Tube video which gives you the basics and a few hints to using it for literacy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D8qJlL_DEk

 
Click here for a bit more on You Tube:
 
 

 

Here is a link to how this has been used in one particular primary school - ok it's a mainstream school but I've included it as it has a few useful ideas which you could adapt:
 
 
 
 
I've just brainstormed a few possible uses - shopping lists, birthday greeting, morning news.......
 
I've just had a thought (what... a thought!!!!!) - I could use it as part of the Colourful Semantics work I have been doing with a couple of my students : )
 
I'll let you know how I get on once I've tried it out with students.
 
Gosh now I'm too tired to review the next app - well I did have a thought earlier - so you will have to wait till the next post.... I'll give you a sneak preview though... the app is called bitsboard.  I bet you can hardly wait!!!  See ya soon.
 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. They also have a tellagami app for android! (For those of us without an iPad)

    ReplyDelete