Sunday 13 May 2012

Workshop 4 (from Mobile Devices in Classroom Conference)

Here are my (very brief) notes from the final workshop I attended at the conference.

This session was led by Gilda Harfod and Karina Williams of Summerland Primary. - iPads for literacy with junior students.

First we looked at Magnetic ABC.  Basic use for spelling.  Great motivator, kids keep focussed.  Like a whiteboard without the mess - no lost pen lids, tissues, etc.

Next we looked at Word Magic - I liked this - have since used it with one of the students in my class for basic spelling.

Looked at Little Speller First Words - bit like Clicker 5(?) - didn't get chance to have a proper look at this one - but I will check it out.

Sock puppets - these puppets copy what you say -  great to encourage kids to talk.


Also to finish here is a link to one of the speakers blogs who I didn't get chance to hear speak on the day - Allanah King:
http://allanahk.edublogs.org/2011/11/19/ipad-sharing-3-apps-to-support-children-with-very-special-needs/

No comments:

Post a Comment