Friday 20 April 2012

Starting Off

Hi Folks,

I did a bit of fundraising to get an iPad and along with a number of iPads purchased by the school - I now have 2 iPads for use in my classroom.


I've started this blog as a way of sharing my journey in discovering iPads and how I can use them at school. Five other teachers across the school also have iPads and I have been given the task of seeing how this goes - to see if the school should purchase more iPads.

So why do I think I deserve a blog?


I thought an easy way to share my views of certain apps and also any training/courses I attend or any other info would be to make a blog. That way all the staff at my school, who were given an iPad to trial with their class, could see what I have written easily (that's if they want to!). Also it would be easy for my principal to see what I've been up to.



Another reason as this is a work in progress (learning enquiry - my principal will like that) it is a nifty way of just recording my thoughts as I fumble my way through.

So watch this space - and feel free to leave a comment if you wish!

p.s. I am not going to use student names to protect confidentiality. If you are a teacher from my school (you know who you are) leaving a comment please would you do the same. Of course feel free to use the school email to ask me any questions about individual students or of course you could always use the old fashioned way of chatting to me when we bump into each other : )

p.p.s. This blog is for anyone interested in using apps with students who have special needs - not just staff from my school so please feel free to add any comments/questions etc. It will all help.

p.p.s.s. I'm new to blogging too so go easy on me : )

3 comments:

  1. Well done, Debbie. It is such a good way to share experiences, information and ideas so that we can provide the best learning opportunities for our children with special needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue - please feel free to add any ideas/info etc to this blog.

      Delete
  2. It was so wonderful to see our students start using the ipads. They were imediately so confident:)

    ReplyDelete