Sunday 22 April 2012

Mobile Devices in Classrooms

On Thursday 19 April I attended a conference "Mobile Devices in Classrooms'. I wasn't quite sure how it was going to go but I came home very inspired. There is so much to blog about that I am going to take it slowly over several updates for you.

Anyway the conference was at Albany High School - wow- very cool school building by the way. Mind you I did manage to get myself locked in the car park. This school has a multi-story car park (Yes I know - wow!). I managed to park on level 2 instead of level 1 as requested. I don't really know how I managed it but apparantly I must have followed someone in who had a swipe card. When I went to get my car at the end of the day I couldn't find it! (I was looking in level 1). Anyway to cut a long story short I was eventually released by a lovely chap with a fob. That'll teach me for not concentrating while parking.

I attended 4 sessions over the day. There was a wide variety of sessions to choose from so I missed out on loads of stuff that I would like to have gone along to. Apparantly they are hoping to run another of these conferences so hopefully I could go along again and go along to some of the 'missed' talks (hint, hint - just in case my Principal is reading this).

The four sessions I attended were:
iTouch learning @ Kaipara Flats School.
iPad apps for Art.
iPad apps to support the learning of children with special needs. iPads for literacy with junior students.

Also while I think about it - morning tea was fab - freshly baked scones with fruit compote (very posh) and fresh cream (or yoghurt for the health freaks).

Well I shall be off now. As I am back to school tomorrow after the Easter break I need to get my shut eye so I am ready for it in the morning. Watch this space for the next bit of feedback from the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment