Tuesday 1 October 2013

SEPANZ 2013 Conference - Post 4

Happy Holidays -  to any one who is a school teacher in New Zealand.  I hope you are having a great break.  I have just cleaned out our cat's litter tray so as you can see I am having a great time : )
Mind you I am going to see Wicked at the theatre on Thursday so am excited about that.
Anyway - I digress.  Here we for the fourth post of info gleaned at the SEPANZ 2013 conference.
Today I shall be reviewing an app. recommended by the superstar Mr Ian Bean in his workshop at the conference.
The app. is bitsboard.
 

here is the link to the i tunes preview:

click here for itunes preview of bitsboard

and the best bit...........it's free.
Any hoo as we speak I am downloading bitsboard to one of my class iPads.  I will then test it out and see if it lives up to all the hype..............................................................
..................................... (a few mins later) - well I have just had a very quick whizz through the basics on bitsboard - it's looking good - I amm deffo going to be using it with my class.
There are 6 ready made boards - emotions (perfect as I am doing this as a SPEC module), exotic animals, famous places, first sentences, learn English and Learn Spanish.  You can also create your own boards.

Within each board are 4 areas included with the freebie - these are - Flashcards, Explore, Photo Touch and Photo Hunt.  I had a quick look at all of them and they all seem good. To get everything (thats all off the above + true or false, genius, bingo, pop quiz, match up, word builder, spelling bee and reader)costs (at the time of writing this blog) $4.19.

 I haven't tried to make my own board yet ........ mind you in attempting to make my own board I have discovered that you can download boards created by other people for free - awesome!!!!  I will test it for you.  I am going to type in water cycle into the searc boards and let you know what happens - here goes......found one - amazing - all the hard work done for you - super cool!!!

I have looked through quite a few You Tube videos on bitsboard - the one below is one of the better ones.  It's very American (using the states as an example) but I think you'll get the idea:

click here for You Tube video on bitsboard basics

Well I have to go now as my family need me - so I will let you know I get on when I have had chance to have a longer play with this app. + had a go at making my own board. 

In the meantime why not download it yourself and have a play.  It's free so you have nothing to lose.  Please let me know how you get on by leaving a comment.

Ta ra for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment